Fall is here and its time once again to get our homes ready for another season. Here is a quick list to get you started this weekend.
- Have a heating professional check your heating system.
- Protect your home from frozen pipes.
- Run all gas-powered lawn equipment until the fuel is gone.
- Test your emergency generator.
- Have a certified chimney sweep inspect and clean the flues and check your fireplace dampers.
- Remove birds’ nest from chimney flues and outdoor electrical fixtures.
- Make sure the caulking around doors and windows is adequate to reduce heating/cooling loss.
- Make sure the caulking around the bathroom fixtures is adequate to prevent water from seeping into the sub-flooring.
- Clean the gutters and downspouts.
Remember to take a moment before starting machinery or climbing a ladder to think about safety. A few hours of preparation can save you and your family some misery this winter, not to mention some money.
Scott Price, CPI, #1532
Certified Home Inspector
Home Run Inspections
We cover all of the bases!
Serving the Oklahoma City metro and surrounding areas including Edmond, Guthrie, Cashion, Yukon, Moore, Norman, Chickasha, Midwest City/Del City, Bethany, El Reno, Shawnee, Harrah, and more.