- Confirm that firewood #firewood is stored at least 20 feet away from your home (attracts termites).
- Remove hoses from outdoor water spigots and insulate if necessary.
- Familiarize responsible family members with the gas main shut-off valve, main and interior water shut-off valve, and other appliance valves.
- Check and clean or replace furnace air filters each month during the heating season.
- Monitor your home for excessive moisture levels – – for example, condensation on your windows, which can cause significant damage over time and pose serious health problems – – and take corrective action.
- Examine windows and doors for ice accumulation or cold air leaks. If found, make a note to repair or replace in the spring.
- Examine attic for frost accumulation. Check roof for ice dams or icicles.
- Make sure all electrical holiday decorations have tight connections.
- Test all AFCI and GFCI devices.
- Only when it is safe to do so, occasionally check for ice-dam formation in the gutters.
Scott Price, CPI, #1532
Certified Home Inspector
Home Run Inspections
#wintermaintenance #holidaydecorations #gutters
We cover all of the bases!
Serving the Oklahoma City metro and surrounding areas including Edmond, Yukon, Moore, Norman, Midwest City/Del City, Bethany, El Reno, Shawnee, Harrah, and more.